People always make the mistake of thinking art is created for them. But really, art is a private language for sophisticates to congratulate themselves on their superiority to the rest of the world. As my artist’s statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. - Calvin

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It is autumn, once again

I feel really sorry for all the effort that you invested in turning my spring into autumn. Poor you, do you even know how much I love autumns. I always have. They are beautiful. It is a time of sepia tinted view of nature at its bare best. The glory of stark nakedness stripped of any adornments whatsoever. The carpet of crunchy leaves, beneath my feet, that crackle with passion at each step. It is not about having the spring and basking in all its glory. To love, to adore and be awe-struck with all those psychedelic colours is an easy talk. But the greys and browns are what really matter. What the world really is made up of. Thanks for the autumn, I am having a ball.

2 comments:

Pooja Shali said...

:) isn't this beautiful? It really is. the pain within you.

I am going to watch very carefully when you step on those leaves now.

Pallavi Shahi said...

:) kinda speechless....thanks, both for liking it and watching over me.