People always make the mistake of thinking art is created for them. But really, art is a private language for sophisticates to congratulate themselves on their superiority to the rest of the world. As my artist’s statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. - Calvin

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Coffin cries....

Long time.....a whirlwind of emotions, occurrences, questions and regrets. They say a life well lived is one without regrets....I fail to understand how. how can we not have regrets in life....a life where one has to take decisions day and night based on limited information, limited options and a strange sense of being individuals not really aware of who we are, what is it that we want at the end of it all. Not all our decisions can be right, it just is not possible; at least that is what I think. Another way of looking at it is when we do all that we think is right at any given moment we never have to regret at a later date that we failed to stand up to a given occasion. But doesn’t that in itself give rise to many a situations where we say...darn, I could have lived my life without doing this or that. Regrets then I guess are a part and parcel of our existence, whether we like it or not.

No comments: