People always make the mistake of thinking art is created for them. But really, art is a private language for sophisticates to congratulate themselves on their superiority to the rest of the world. As my artist’s statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance. - Calvin

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Swayam




U ask me, if I trust u
U implore why I don't
But have u ever thot why I shud?

U mite hav ur reasons, and reasons galore,
But sweetheart, wen I look into ur eyes, somethin eludes me
M not sure what, it holds me back, it says a firm no


but i have been more of a star gazer than a mind reader.
I kno not whom to trust, i kno not how much to care


All I wish is that I am God's lucky girl.
And life plays a game that is fair.


But above this and beyond this I have something for life too
for every time u knock me down u tell me how strong I am


And what a magical being I am to rise out of my ashes
and spread the phoenix wings to circle the globe.

2 comments:

Joviel said...

Beautiful.. you carved the wrds right out of my thoughts and turned them into a pretty poem...

Ashish said...

My god Pallavi,
U have turned out to be an excellent writer.. I really liked the words and the manner in which they are expressed.
HaTs Off to u!!